Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lost Keys on Aisle 9

Today, while in the company of four beautiful children and one overstuffed, ripping tote bag, I went to the Palm Beach Zoo. We saw lots of animals. Like:

a panther


a preening peacock



fake turtles



and various other wonders.
We played in the fountains, threw flamingo food at a deer, had a large neon lizard fall onto one of said beautiful children (better her than me) and sweated an obscene amount. All in all, a successful zoo trip.

Especially when, upon walking towards the exit of the zoo, I realized I also lost my keys. Such things tend to happen when in the company of the aforementioned ripping tote. After an involved and frustrating few hours of more sweating, triple A-ing and chatting up every zoo employee I could find, the keys were found by a cherubic 8 year old camper. What a fun day.

Better the WPB Zoo than the Grand Canyon, Redwoods, or San Fran where I will soon spend the remaining days of summer.

I took solace in my sweet Forever tattoo:


**Special thanks to Anna and Beach for partying in the fountains with us, Sara for driving me home, Kt for driving me back, Jennifer the friendly zoo keeper for calling me with joyful news, and the Otters for entertaining me. Twice.

1 comment:

  1. How long do you s'pose that kid walked around with those "magic keys" before he turned them in? :)

    ReplyDelete