Friday, May 28, 2010

Help...

...me Rhonda! Help, help me Rhonda!
I use to have teacher in middle school who would sing this line randomly and incessantly. Now, though I remember that phrase so vividly, I can't remember which teacher it was, or if I made that up entirely (help me out Ohoians/WCers. I'm thinking Mr. O'Neil?).

Actually, I don't care if your name is Rhonda or not, I just need help. As the end of school looms ever nearer (yay!), I am trying to take care of little, yet oh so important, details for our trip before I'm distracted by the bigger, immediate distractions that will pop up only days pre-trip. These "little" things include phone car charger, computer charger, podcasts, book titles and other car distracters. The biggest, and possibly most important of these little things to me, and also the bane of my existence, is the iPod radio connector. You know, the thing that charges your iPod in the car as well as allowing you to play it through the radio. I had a fabulous one given to me for Christmas that, unfortunately, had its last hurrah about a month ago and broke. This iPod tuner was a monster brand that plugged into the cigarette/power plug with one end and connected with a cord to the iPod. Then you tuned your radio to a station and chose this frequency through the connector. Confused?
Regardless, this said tuner thing was Monster brand and was fab-you-luss. But, alas, it met its demise and now I cannot find a proper replacement.


Apparently Monster either 1. no longer exists, or 2. does not exist through the facets I have searched for it. I have since gone through 3 other brands and types none of which has worked. All three made the music play very fuzzily through the radio, and that, my friends, will not do. Which is why I need help. Does anyone have a one of these tuners and/or a suitable alternative? Or, do I dare hope, does someone know about said Monster brand and where to find it? And, hope against hope, is it possible to find a good one that is not $1,000,000?

A $1,000,000 price tag is not so appealing.

9887753 Front Large

Failed Attempt #1 closely resembled my beloved Monster cable: $49.99


6211761 Front Detail
Failed Attempt #2 from Best Buy: $19.99


SA-12188C-IPBK 3-in-1 FM Transmitter/ iPod Charger
Failed attempt #3 from Overstock: $15.89

I would hate to travel cross country with a rather large cd book or repeatedly wiping scratched cds. So, please, help me Rhonda.

2 comments:

  1. is this it? http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCarPlay-Wireless-800-Transmitter/dp/B002AQVO2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275103988&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you and your mad internet skills! Mine was similar, but a little different. I think this may be my best option. Thanks Becks! You win my non-existent prize! (maybe I should come up with a giveaway).

    ReplyDelete