Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Freelance Whales and New Wheels

If you're not already a fan of free music Tuesday on iTunes, well, it's time to get on board. While I will not pretend to be a music connoisseur, I will accurately call myself an avid music listener. I listen to all types of music and I'm open to a new sound; I also definitely know what I like and gobble up more of the same. But back to free music Tuesday; this week's discovery download is Hannah by the Freelance Whales.

First, how fabulous is that band name? Secondly, I kinda dig this song. I first downloaded it a few months ago from NPR's SXSW downloadable album and was quite excited to see the Freelance Whales offered as a Tuesday Tune. The video quality is sort of horrible, but you can hear the song and it was more exciting than any others I found. Or check it on iTunes (I tried to link it, but alas, no success. Sorry).

I also have no idea why this is cut off the page. Please excuse me as I continue to iron out technical difficulties.

And on an entirely unrelated note, I've been thinking about how fabulous one of these would look joining us on a little cross country drive....




Wouldn't this look nice parked all cozy next to our tent? I think it would contrast nicely with my dark hair too.


can't remember where I found this (I'm trying to be better at photocredding)

Who doesn't love them some vintage woody?



A picture is worth a thousand words with this beauty.



And finally, I love this one so much I made it my computer background at school. It reminds me of summer evenings and all things being perfect in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment